Friday, Nov 19, 2004, 7:59 PM in .NET
November 2004 Avalon CTP Released
Just in case you haven't noticed, MSDN Subscribers should download the Avalon Community Technology Preview, which enables Avalon to run under Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and to integrate with Visual Studio 2005. Also, you can access the WinFX SDK that reference Avalon online. And as if that weren't enough, the Avalon evangelist and product teams have teamed up to give you an overview of what's new in this pre-release of Avalon. Of course, we're still on the way to beta, let alone an RTM of Avalon, so there's still plenty of time to give the Avalon team feedback about what you love and don't love in the Avalon newsgroup.
And as if that we're enough, here's some views and news about the Avalon CTP:
- 3rd public release of Avalon...a few details on the development experience
- Avalon CTP released!!!
- And So It Starts Again... Avalon Community Technical Preview Released
- Avalon is Back
- Microsoft gives developers a glimpse of Avalon
- Microsoft Previews Avalon for Developers
- Microsoft Releases Avalon Tech Preview for XP, 2003
- Early Avalon Build Is Out, But Not for Longhorn
- Avalon CTP Release - bring on the 3D!
- XAML Tidbits Previewed in Microsoft's Avalon
- Microsoft's Avalon Will Make Networked Applications Smarter
In the words of Chris Anderson, Architect on the Avalon team, "This is not the final API set, XAML spec, or anything else - this is a 'Technology Preview'". And still, I've spent all day installing in on my machine. Wahoo!