Sunday, Nov 2, 2008, 3:47 PM in Oslo
Oslo Week One Wrap-Up
Oh my lord above. I have been working towards last week for about 3.5 years altogether. It started with an incubation in the Connected Systems Division (CSD -- the folks that own WF, WCF, BizTalk, etc) doing work to see if modeling was a feasible way to build applications and we just announced the work so far along these lines at the PDC last week. It's called "Oslo" and here are the top places you should look to get up to speed on it:
Microsoft "Oslo" Resources
- "Oslo" Developer Center
- Download the "Oslo" SDK
- Ask a Question About "Oslo"
- Report an Oslo Bug
- A Lap Around "Oslo" (PDC video)
- "Oslo" - The Language (PDC video)
- "Oslo": Customizing and Extending the Visual Design Experience (PDC video)
- Building Textual DSLs with the "Oslo" Modeling Language (PDC video)
- "Oslo": Repository & Models (PDC video)
But don't take my work on "Oslo." Check out what the world is saying (in no particular order -- honest!).
The World's Take on "Oslo"
- Oslo, Martin Fowler
- Oslo modeling platform: my first impressions...
- Oslo: Remodeling Windows!!!
- Microsoft Azure May Be Too Good To Ignore, James Urquhart
- First Look at Microsoft "Oslo", Arman Kurtagic
- Best PDC session so far : Lap around "Oslo", Dennis van der Stelt
- "M" and MService, Dennis van der Stelt
- "Oslo" repositories and models, Dennis van der Stelt
- "Oslo": Customizing and Extending the Visual Design Experience, Dennis van der Stelt
- Oslo : Building textual DSLs, Dennis van der Stelt
- First Impressions of Oslo, Shawn Wildermuth
- What is "Oslo"? Dennis Doomen
- Repository driven lisp super macros XLT'd into a DB, birthing a giant crazed version of the Windows Registry metabase, David Ing (that's not really the title of David's piece, but it's a quote from it that I loved so much, I promoted it : )
- IntelliPad (IPad): adding commands, Jon Flanders
- Oslo highlight: MGrammar, Armin Sander
- First in-depth look at Microsoft’s Oslo and the “M” modeling language, William Vambenepe
- Sneak Peak at M, Stephen Forte
- "Oslo" Modeling Language Specification, Codename "M" (video)
- Inside "M" with the "Oslo" Team (video)
- Design and Lineage of the "Oslo" Modeling Language, Codename "M" (video)
- Getting Started with "M," the "Oslo" Modeling Language (video)
- "Oslo" Modeling SDK: "M Grammar" -- What is it? (video)
- Getting Started with "M Grammar" (video)
- "Oslo" -- Microsoft's Modeling Platform (video)
- The "Oslo" Modeling Language: "M Grammar" with Paul Vick (video)
- First Look at Quadrant – Oslo's Modeling Tool (video)
- First Look at M – Oslo's Modeling Language (video)
- Oslo Roundup, Mike Walker
- Exploring Oslo's modeling language promises, Esther Schindler
- Microsoft Makes Its Way to Oslo (video), Joe Wilcox
- Microsoft's Ray Ozzie Talks Open Source, Azure and More, Darryl K. Taft
- Microsoft adds 'M' to Open Specification Promise, David Worthington
- Microsoft Delivers Oslo Components, Darryl K. Taft
Whew. We just announced "Oslo" last week and it's crazy how much there is on it already. Enjoy!
--"Lars From Oslo"
Monday, Nov 3, 2008, 1:30 PM
Monday, Nov 3, 2008, 5:40 PM
Thursday, Nov 6, 2008, 12:39 PM
Thursday, Nov 6, 2008, 12:45 PM